Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Song 23: Cell Phone Blues

Another quickie that could use some editing for added puns and possible a third verse (about, well, quickies).

Cell Phone Blues

Intro (3/4): | Dm | Dm | A7 | A7 | Bb7 | A7 | Dm | Dm |
| Gm | Gm | Dm | Dm | Bb7 | Bb7 | A7 | A7 |

Verse: | D | D | D | D7 | G | G#dim | D | B7 | E7 | A7 | D | D |
| B7 | B7 | E7 | E7 | A7 | A7 | D D#dim | E7 A7 |
| B7 | B7 | E7 | E7 | G G#dim | D B7 | E7 A7 | D | D |

This is a song of broken hearts
'Twixt lovers too lonely to part
So take from your pockets your cotton tissues
As we bring you sad tales of intimate issues

I was standing
On the fire escape
Trying to hide
Behind a herringbone drape
While my baby rambled with someone else inside
He wasn't mean, wasn't fresh
Never even got undressed
But as they talked my heart kept beating harder, harder, harder
When she showed him to the door
This realization made me soar:
He might call her cell phone more, but I use her cell phone charger

I was waiting
Under my lady's bed
Listening to
Everything my lady said
To the fellow standing right next to my shoe
Never shouted, always cool
Always playing by the rules
That might be why all his advances came off as nonstarters
When he went off on his way
I jumped out and had to say:
He might call her cell phone more, but I use her cell phone charger

No comments:

Post a Comment