Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Song 19: Even a Red Hot Mama Gets the Blues

A simple blues in the classic female style. I'm probably going to add a verse, maybe to set the action in a juke to explain the red hot part.

Even a Red Hot Mama Gets the Blues

| D | D | G | G D | D | D | A7 | A7 |
| D | D | G | G | D | A7 | A7 | D |

Kick off your shoes
Sit you down with my home brew
Listen in while I relate the news
I been done wrong
Now I’ll sing my done-wronged song
Even a red hot mama gets the blues

Done all I can
Runnin’ round with a no-good man
He ain’t worth being treated cruel
Some things won’t change
Til your life is rearranged
Even a red hot mama plays the fool

Folks it’s a fact
Can’t teach a man how to act
If you excuse his cold abuse
Send him away
If you heard a word I say
Even a red hot mama gets the blues

Verse added by Lyndsy:
His ghost lingers
The whiskey washes him down
Tried to hide in the saloons in town
{yodel}
The morning wakes and reminds me that
Even a red hot mama plays the fool

No comments:

Post a Comment