Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Song 8: A Man with a Uke-Ukulele

And now a fun little novelty song with not nearly enough double entendres. I'll probably add another verse and maybe squeeze some word play into the two verses already written, but I figured I'd delayed posting it long enough.

A Man with a Uke-Ukulele

| F | F | G7 | G7 | C7 | C7 | F D7 | G7 C7 |
| F | F | G7 | G7 | G7 | G7 | C7 | C7 |
| A7 | A7 | Dm | Dm | G7 | G7 | C7 | C7 |
| F | F | G7 | G7 | G7 | G7 | C7 | C7 |

| F | F | G7 | G7 | C7 | C7 | F D7 | G7 C7 |
| F | F | G7 | G7 | C7 | C7 | F | F |

As I sat down to lunch at noon
A tiny girl across the room
Was talking to her girlfriend mighty free
The night before, she had a date
And shamelessly she did relate
The details and the horrors of her eve
The man was from Aruba
And by night he played the tuba
When he went to kiss her she could feel that this was it
But when last call had closed the bar
And she took him back to her car
They found out that the tuba wouldn't fit

She said “Oh! I want a man with a uke-ukulele
I've had my fill of every other man
I'm looking for a man with a uke-ukulele
Or I'll swear off dating members of the band"


As I went out for gin at five
The same old girl just happened by
Talking to the same friend from before
About a man she had pursued
So passionate in his adieus
While kissing outside her apartment door
The man held her so tightly
Like he held his bass nightly
When playing in the opera house band pit
But when at last she let him in
The doorway seemed a hair too thin
And they found out that the bass would never fit

No comments:

Post a Comment