Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Demos at last!

They are rough, and they heavily feature a guitar whose tone is fading fast, but here's two out of the 52 songs and one freebie.

Seymour:

(Featuring my patented fake-a-five-string flat picking on tenor banjo.)

North Country Boogie

(Featuring an inexplicable amount of silence at the beginning.)

I Don't Roll Like That

(Your freebie.)

All songs recorded quick-like with one MXL 960 in my apartment using Cubase and a MIDI driven bass. Solos more or less made up on the spot. I know there's some clipping and the mixes are rough, but it was getting late. Better versions may come along when I get the new guitar (which might be Monday if UPS isn't slow), or when either the Shit House Boys or the End Times Spasm Band make it to a studio.

Audio hosted by 7161 for now. Odeo player code here.

1 comment:

  1. For anyone interested:

    I Don't Roll Like That

    A:
    | A6 | A6 | E9 | E9 | E9 | E9 | A6 | A6 | x2

    B:
    | D | D | D | D | A6 | A6 | A6 | A#dim |
    | B7 | B7 | B7 | B7 | E9 | E9 | E9 | E9 |

    If you wanna settle down like the butterfly and the bee
    Then you gotta make those plans without bumblin’ me
    If you want a picket fence and a garden out back
    Then you gotta understand I don’t roll like that

    The sun’s out shining bright and there’s a gentle wind
    The song of the bird’s calling out to who cares that it’s spring again
    If you insist on spoiling the hour and having this chat
    Then I gotta make it clear that I don’t roll like that

    I can’t stand staying still, I can’t bear cloudy days
    If all roads lead to Rome, I’ll make it on the way
    I ain’t promised you a thing, don’t let me hear you say
    On a day, on a day, on a day like today

    Pretty young couple steppin’ outta the church just fit to burst
    If you see me wearing them shoes then prepare to be hurt
    If you want to have, hold, love and depend then get a cat
    Cuz you gotta understand I don’t roll like that

    ReplyDelete