Saturday, January 24, 2009

Song 2: Seymour

I should have known better than to start without any sort of buffer. Here's song two. Not sure when three will be up or if four will be on time. I think I may choose not to stick with the Monday update schedule, if this keeps happening.

Just a simple blues this week. I was thinking about the traveling salesman problem when I decided to write it, but that don't figure into the song itself too much.

Seymour


12-bar blues in A

I been to Seymour, I ain’t going back
I been to Seymour, I ain’t going back
I gotta keep moving, so moving’s what I’m gonna do


I stopped in Seymour, I knew I had to leave
I stopped in Seymour, knew I had to leave
There’s six big husbands looking for sign of me

I been to Danville, I ain’t going back
I been to Danville, I ain’t going back
I gotta keep moving, so moving’s what I’m gonna do


Five ripe tomatoes hanging on a stranger’s vine
Five ripe tomatoes hanging on a stranger’s vine
I won’t get caught if I’m move down the Danville line

I been to Franklin, I ain’t going back
I been to Franklin, I ain’t going back
I gotta keep moving, so moving’s what I’m gonna
do

Sheriff on the corner, looking mighty odd at me
Sheriff on the corner, looking mighty odd at me
I just remembered, there’s somewhere else I gotta be

I been to Elkhart, I ain’t going back
I been to Elkhart, I ain’t going back
I gotta keep moving, so moving’s what I’m gonna do


Some say the shortest distance ‘tween two points is a line
Some say the shortest distance ‘tween two points is a line
But you don’t want the shortest if the distance don’t suit the crime

No comments:

Post a Comment